What does the ALT level of 47 and AST level of 27 suggest?
My blood work is otherwise normal. As are my vital signs. I am a bit overweight at 160 for 5' 4.5". I exercise daily with walking at a minimum of 30 minutes.
I take thyroxin and citrizine for allergies daily. as well as Flonase. I don't use Tylonal.
Its not very abnormal
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
The levels of ALT 47 are not very abnormal. This wont require any specific treatment. All you need to do is stop taking alcohol for a few weeks. There after the levels of ALT will by themselves come back to normal range.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it advised to take tentex forte for premature ejaculation?
- Took T T and Taxim Injection after rat bite. Is it required to get anti...
- Constant itching and burning feeling under rib cage. How to get relief?
- Blood test showed raised AST and ALT level. What are the complication?
- What are the differences between self pleasure erection and sexual...
- Have lower back pain and see strange images everywhere. Any mental problem?
- Having headache with extreme pressure. Could this be from anxiety or...
- Treatment for confusion, headache, tiredness, lethargy and chills?
- Gallbladder removed. Test showed slightly enlarge liver. Having...
- Why am I having pain under rib cage and inflamed muscle in stomach?