What does pale stool indicate?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i HAVE PUTTY COLORED BOWEL MOVEMENTS WITH NO OTHER SYMPTOMS. wHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wait and observe

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Stool color varies due to many common and benign causes like foods etc. Putty color could be due to some medicines or related to liver or gallbladder pathologies but that is persistent and does not subside, once or two episodes of such putty color stools can just be observed and waited for. If the issue persists, consult a local physician and they will assess your liver, biliary tract and stools and will have the answer by then. So far just observe as there is no pain or no jaundice or any other XXXXXXX or symptom. It is likely a food variation and will subside.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan