What does pain near the stomach and ribcage indicate after a meal?
gastritis, GERD most likely
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.
Your symptoms are nonspecific, but these may be suggestive of gastritis, GERD or a hiatal hernia so you should do gastroscopy to evaluate it more accurately, but only if there won't be an improvement on some measures suggested below. Hamburger ma trigger gastritis or gallbladder attack and even pancreatitis.
This is caused by irritation of stomach mucosa by certain food or medications, stress, and smoking. SO firstly it should be treated with home remedies and changing dietary habits.
You need to avoid fried food, carbonated drinks, coffee, alcohol and spicy food. You should eat more milk products, vegetables, and boiled food. Also, certain antiacid medications may be required such as Pantoprazole or Ranitidine. In cases of severe pain, the diagnosis should be established with endoscopic tests which include gastroscopy or barium swallow test.
If fever, vomit and increasing pain occur, you should go to the hospital and do some urgent tests.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions you can contact us at every time.
Kind regards. Wish you a good health.
DR. Ivan Rommstein
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain under left breast near the ribcage
- What are reasons for severe pain under right ribcage
- Tender and hard spot on ribcage painful whats wrong
- What causes painful cramps on the ribcage
- What is the sharp pain below my ribcage
- Fluttering in stomach near ribcage
- Fluttering in stomach near ribcage and aneurysm
- What is the knawing pain between my ribcage
- What does lump on ribcage causing pain indicate
- Pain in the ribcage after embryo transfer