What does pain during foreskin retraction indicate?
Recently I have this problem with my penis.
My problem is with retraction, developed only 20-30 days back. I have no history of any such problem, exact specifics as in below points
1. It pains to retract foreskin, during sex/masturbation and even while urinating.
2. There is a white creamy discharge, which keeps coming even after cleaning multiple times a day.
3. Small brushes with skin exposed, XXXXXXX cuts around the ring, with blood visible under and around the point where skin is attached to exposed part after retraction.
4. Very tiny red dots all around the main part(on and around tip).
5. Itchiness whenever I am forcefully retracting for cleansing the area.
Also, my random blood test suggests, sugar reading=233, HBA1c=6.7 and the doctor I consulted said only circumcision is permanent solution, due to diabetes the infection may increase.
Having said that , personally I am very skeptical about it and want an alternative remedy. Waiting in anticipation for your kind words.
PLEASE HELP !!!
Topical steroids will help to reduce mild edema and inflammation
Welcome to health care magic,
Pain at glans penis while doing masturbation or sexual intercourse or while urinating could be a phimosis, in medical terms, where foreskin cannot be retracted over glans penis and because of this you are facing difficulty in passing the urine.
Also, your frequent masturbation or intercourse in an uncircumcised men might cause mild bruise, balanitis/balanoposthitis (infection of glans penis) or edema over glans penis leading to further narrowing of the urethral opening.
This white creamy discharge or deposition over a glans penis is actually a smegma.
This smegma is nothing but the mixture of dead skin cells,seminal remnants,urine deposits or sebaceous oil and there is nothing that you can do to stop it being produced throughout your life where bacteria and urine could make it smelly.
So be sure to deal with it as part of your daily hygiene. One should wash it daily while bathing just retracting his foreskin downwards and by rinsing with clean shower water .
It will remove the excess smegma, leaving a healthy, natural, micro thin layer of this beneficial product to keep the glans moist and sensitive.
Never use soap under the foreskin as it leaves soap deposits that reactivate in the natural moisture, and cause burning or irritation. Soap also removes all the natural moisturising effect of the smegma, leaving the glans and foreskin dry and open to infections.
You are also having high blood sugar(diabetes) as per your sugar and HBA1c report,So there would be more chances of having repeated balanitis or balanoposthitis.
If your problem persists even after daily cleaning then the you can go for some surgical techniques (apart from circumcision advised by your doctor) range from the complete removal of the foreskin to minor operations to relieve foreskin tightness
I) Dorsal slit or superincision to expose the glans without removing any tiisue
II) Ventral slit to expose glans with removing frenulum,
III) Preputioplasty can be an effective alternative to circumcision. It has the advantage of only limited pain and a short time of healing relative to circumcision.
You can consult general surgeon for the above minor surgical procedure if you are not comfortable with circumcision.
At present,you can apply topical steroids over glans which will help to reduce inflammation with topical antiseptic creams.
If any query or doubt,then feel free to ask me.
Thanks and Regards,
Circumcision would be the best option.
Thanks for the follow-up.
Among all the surgical procedures,circumcision would be the best option for nearly complete solution.
After this procedure there would be less chances of getting reprated balanitis or balanoposthitis.
Nowadays circumcision is done as a daycare procedure means after the surgery patient is discharged from the hospital on the same day and he requires daily dressing for 4 to 5 days or up to removal of stitches.
Means it generally takes maximum 7 to 10 days for complete healing or recovery.
So,in my advice you should go for circumcision.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cuts in the penis pain while retracting foreskin balanitis
- Painful when retracting foreskin during masturbation worried about paraphimosis solution
- Ulcers on penis foreskin painful foreskin rips during intercourse std
- Painful foreskin retraction
- What causes sudden penis pain and tightness of the foreskin
- What causes recurrent painful cracks on foreskin
- What causes painful cracks on foreskin
- What causes pain and swelling underneath penis foreskin
- Sudden stinging pain foreskin retraction
- What is the cause of pain in foreskin of penis