Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
124 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for curvature in penis and penis tightness

Answered by
Dr. Riyanka Chail

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 805 Questions

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: Dear Doc,
I am 32 year old, I guess i have been suffering from phimosis since childhood. It seems that my tip of penis is very tight.
Due to which i am very worried and i dont know whether the skin is tight or its stuck or the head of penis is big.

I just want to expose my glans and move the skin up and down freely. Even during masturbation i have to hold my penis a bit in middle.

Please guide me what do i do and is there any cream by which i can loosen my foreskin and stretch it.
I am also very worried as i am not able to expose my glands and hence not able to clean it. So definately its not hygenic.
I also think my penis is not able to expand properly due to this issue. It bands a bit in front and looks very tight via skin.
Also let me know what possible ways in which i can clean my inside foreskin and prevent it from damage.
Doctor please note that i am G6PD.
If you require pictures for better assessment i can send them.
Please help me out.

Answered by Dr. Riyanka Chail 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
circumcision woud be a good option

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr Zubin,
Thank you for writing in to HCM. I have gone through your history.
Since you are having the problem of Phimosis for quite sometime, it is advisable to get it rectified with the help of a corrective surgery known as circumsion. It is a small procedure which can be done by a General Surgeon under aseptic conditions.

It is a corrective surgery involving surgical removal of the foreskin (skin covering the tip of the penis).It is a minor day care surgery with minimal complications. It is important to consider circumcision to avoid urinary tract infections and other problems affecting penile health.

Steroid creams like hydrocortisone creams applied locally twice a day for 4-6 weeks, can give relief but it is better to consult a general surgeon regarding circumsion. You need to be declared fit for the minor surgery since you have G6PD deficiency which can lead to anaemia.

Hope your query got answered. Kindly write back to me regarding any further doubts.

Dr. Riyanka Chail (MBBS,MD)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Riyanka Chail 2 days later
Dear Doctor,
Thankyou for your prompt response.
I have few doubts in mind and therefore please guide me.
I have heard that Circumcision is safe but after thr surgery one looses some sensation in the penile. Is it true
Secondly I know that there are handful of creams available to loosen the foreskin while penis is flacid but i am worried about paraphimosis where foreskin will get stuck behind the glands in erect penis which is very bad and dangerous if not treated immediately.
So is there any way of surgery apart from Circumcision where i can broaden the tip or opening of foreskin and dont remove it fully as in Circumcision.
Answered by Dr. Riyanka Chail 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Preputioplasty can benefit you

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back with an update.

You can talk to your doctor about preputioplasty which is a procedure which involves correction of the problem without circumcision. There will be some loose skin around the glans after getting this procedure done. You can discuss this with the surgeon and then decide if you want to get it done.

Hope your query got answered. Kindly write back to me regarding any further doubts.

Dr. Riyanka Chail (MBBS,MD)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  G6pd deficiency

doctor1 MD

am type 2 Diabetic also have blood condition called G6PD Deficiency i am asking what meds are right for me

doctor1 MD

patient had h/o ingestion of chlorphenicol for fever followed which had severe anemia with methemoglobinemia ,patient was investigated and found to...

doctor1 MD

I would like to take Lipo-6 Black Ultra fat burner. I have g6pd deficiency . Will I be fine? XXXX

doctor1 MD

Name: Tejonetri T. Age: 56 years, Height:5.6, Weight:44 kgs.

Past History: (1) I am a COPD patient for the past 3 decades. (2) I am a patient of...

doctor1 MD

myself dr.vijay parikh anaesthetist. I have adult patient with G6pd deficiency who underwent tonsillectomy by coblation method. patient is bleeding...

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr. I have a 19 days, weight 2.400 kgs new born baby and he is suffering from G6pd deficiency and his results is 0.94U/G HB, so can you please...

doctor1 MD

I am a carrier for Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, and may be a carrier for G6PD deficiency (I know my mother is a carrier, but I have never been...