• question-icon

Is a prepucioplasty advisable while suffering with phimosis?

Posted on Fri, 31 May 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am suffering from pinhole Phimosis. I have researched various options and find myself favouring preputioplasty. However, in XXXXXXX it seems like most doctors are not aware of this procedure and are aware of only Circumcision and Dorsal slit. Can you please tell me some clinics or hospitals in XXXXXXX which conduct preputioplasty and the cost for it ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Preputioplasty is generally advised in younger (Child) age Group.

Detailed Answer:

The procedure of preputioplasty is advised in children, ageing from 1 to 10 years where phimosis is organic in nature where as results of prepucioplasty are not encouraging in adult patients as phimosis is tight due to long standing fibrosis and thick scar.

The long term results (After 20 years) of Preputioplasty done even in children are also not satisfactory and in most of the cases they need to get circumcised that is the reason this procedure is not practiced routinely and never in adults.

Hope I have answered your query. I shall be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Dr. P. T. Patil
Urologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist