What does negative HIV antibody test within window period indicate?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question

I took hiv antibodie after 30 days it was negative and I also took a hiv rna at 52 days after test it also was negative im just worried and stressed
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV 1 infection

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

HIV Antibody test on 30th day was not conclusive as it is well within the window period. HIV RNA test done (Usually detects HIV 1 antigen only) after 52 days of your high risk activity is very much conclusive and ruled out HIV 1 infection which is the commonest one throughout the world except in XXXXXXX
So it is assured beyond doubt that you are free from HIV 1 infection. Nothing to worry. If you send more details about your sexual activities that also may be helpful to assure you in a better way.
DR S.Murugan