What does my semen analysis report indicate?
Total Sperm Count: 50mill/mil
Sperm Motility 30%
Pus Cells 12-14 /HPF
Liquefaction Time: 50 min
This is 7 days abstinence report. Please help
Indicate infection. Course of antibiotics
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query.
Percentage of motile sperm is less and with increased pus cells, indicate some underlying infection.
You may undergo a urine routine examination and digital rectal examination to rule out urinary tract infection and prostatitis respectively.
I would have prescribed you a course of antibiotics, for which you may need a prescription by your local doctor. Please drink plenty of water, avoid smoking and alcohol.
You may repeat the semen analysis after a month of completion of antibiotic, and then we can decide on the further management based on the report.
Hope this help.
I never smoke or alcoholic.
Lets suppose if both above examinations are ok what you suggest then?
My wife seems to be totally fine.
Tablet Norflox 400 mg twice daily for 3 days
Good to hear from you.
Antibiotics choice depends on the examination. Most of the times, UTI will be present.
So I would have prescribed a course of antibiotic like tablet norflox 400 mg twice daily for 3 days, even if the report came negative.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the findings from the semen analysis report
- What are normal values in a semen analysis report
- What does the following semen analysis report suggest
- Semen analysis report what is the problem suggested treatment
- What is your opinion for the attached semen analysis report
- What are the the conclusions from my semen analysis report
- Does the semen analysis report indicate any abnormality
- What does the blood and semen analysis report indicate
- What does the attached semen analysis report indicate
- What is the interpretation form my semen analysis report