What does my scan test result indicate?
What does mild diffuse brain atrophy of normal aging mean? what medication need?
Mild atrophy is normal part of aging
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You recently had either a CT san or an MRI which showed mild defuse cerebral atrophy. This is normal aging of the brain. The brain literally shrinks as we get older. It doe not indicate any disease and is not something we can treat. This is completely normal.
I hope I answered your question. If you have any additional questions please contact us again
Technique: Brain axial CT scan without IV contrast
Normal brain parenchyma with normal gray matter differentiation
No hematoma or shift of midline structures No pathological calcification
The ventricles and sulci are slightly diffusely prominent: there is no extra axal fluid collection
Both eye globes are symmetrical and in place, the optic nerves are also symmetrical no intra/extra ocular mass detected.
The paranasal sinuses and mastoid air cell are clear and well aerated
Mild diffuse brain atrophy of normal aging
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Complement test done what do the results indicate
- What does the test result indicate
- Done uterus test what does the results indicate
- What does positive result of mantoux test indicate
- What does these ct scan results indicate
- What does the nt scan report results indicate
- Uterus scan done what does the result indicate
- What does the scan result indicate
- What does my blood test result indicate
- Renal scan done what does the result indicate