What does my liver function test indicate?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question:
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL
0.5
0.2-1.2 (mg/dL)
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE
30 L
40-115 (U/L)
AST
82 H
10-35 (U/L)
ALT
56 H
9-46 (U/L)
CBC (INCLUDES DIFF/PLT) One year ago I had liver panel test run and I had similar results. I was taking medicine than that damages the liver. I was an extremely heavy drinker but have stopped now for the past four years. Can inject able steroids cause these results to rise? I use trinaxyl 150 and cypionate 250 2CC a week. I have been using this for 1 1/2 years with four to six week breaks every four or five months.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Here is the detail.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

These values are not very deranged but yes they shouldn't be going in the increasing trend . It's a great thing thay you have quit drinking i hope these values have proved to some extent though.

Trunaxyl is said to derange liver functions but there is no scientific evidence of it so i will call it a myth. But Cypionate is found to increase liver lab values specially the AST rate though (in 0.1% of patients) Now either you are among those 0.1% or there is some other reason of increased labs.

Did you get your unltrasound abdomen done.lately? may be that's damage speaking which was caused by your alcohol intake when you used to drink.

I would suggest you to take liver healthy diets like liver friendly amino acids, fish oils and avoid drugs which affect liver like cholesterole lowering durgs etc and then repeat the test in two months , if values are in falling trend then you are going good.

I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Resident M.D.