What does my lab test report indicate?

Question
I would like to know what the result means
Thu, 10 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Few yeast cells, otherwise normal report

Detailed Answer:
Hi

This is a normal report. There are a few yeast cells, which are considered part of normal flora. Mother (if breastfeeding) and baby (if bottle-feeding) can have cleaner water to drink. Otherwise there is nothing to worry.

Let me know the baby's symptoms and diet in detail, so that I am better able to help.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: What does my lab test report indicate? 9 minutes later
hi dr vaishalee,

he is bottle-fed and consumption of milk is the same..no decrease in energy but today he went more than 7 times already sometimes in small amounts with air passing. his twin (a girl) doesn't have an issue and still went the normal 3-4x today

Brief Answer:
Its probably viral

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Its probably viral gastroenteritis, maybe due to rota virus. But you have not mentioned about irritability or fever.

Another cause can be presence of chemicals in formula like omega 3, 6, 9 or others that can cause gastro-intestinal symptoms as side effect. As precaution you can give formula that has least of added chemicals.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: What does my lab test report indicate? 1 hour later
he just had his rotavirus immunization few days ago. and yes, no irritability or fever. just his usual and he can sleep soundly too.

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its probably sideeffect of rotavirus vaccine

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

If this diarhea began within few days of rotavirus vaccine, then its most probably a side effect of it. This will be a self limiting condition and will improve by itself. No extra precaution is required.

The baby is his usual, so there is nothing much to worry and its part of acquiring immunity to all these food-borne germs.

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee