What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: I received my complete workup today due to platelet issues. My platelets jumped up to 137 from 106 after going off humira for one month however, there are some numbers that concern me. Hemoglobin 176 Hemocratic (spelling?) 51.4 and RDW 16. CBC normal, INR normal, all other tests normal. I am concerned because it appears that I have red dots on my skin all over but they are not flat concerned about Petechaie. Dr's are checking for thrombocytopenia. Need comments and advise.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It seems to be viral infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

Your platelets count is slightly lower then normal with high hemoglobin and petechiae. So it can be due to viral infection , dehydration or polycythemia due to other causes. Please tell me about your other symptoms. So that I can help you further.

Your platelets are increasing so that is good things and now it becomes near normal so thrombocytopenia is ruled out.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 1 hour later
Thank you Dr Sanghvi,
I have no other symptoms other than the bad Palmaplantar Pustuliis Psoriasis that has gotten worse over the years to the point that when my hands flair up, it is embarassing. The low platetlet count was caught by my GP at 149 which was almost normal. I then went to my Dermatologist who put me on Humira for Two months and then referred to a rhumetologist for my psoriatic arthritis. The Dermatologist when he put me on it said that it could possibly help with my arthritis although, I really didn't want to go on it as two other rhumes wanted to put me on it. One convinced me for one months as I started to notice changes with my skin with dots which he didn't see h
said. I went off it and now with my current rhume she ran bloodwork and that's when my platelets dropped to 106. She then spoke with the Dermatologist and they agreed to take me off the the Humira although the Dermatologist did not it was the platelet drop. So they sent me to a Hematologist who did a full workup. The results came back yesterday and the platelets jumped to 137. As I said a complete workup was done and as I said my hemaglobin came back at 179 which I consider normal. The Hemocratnic(spelling is wrong) came back at 51.4 the normal XXXXXXX range is 50.4 I believe so slightly up and the RDW came back high at
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
It's due to humira side effects.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear

Your platelets count reduce after taking humira and now it is improving so it may be due to side effects of humira. Now no need to worry. It is improving.

Your hemoglobin and hematocrit is slightly high which may be due to some dehydration.

Your rashes are either due to your skin condition or due to side effects of humira.

No any other hematological assessment is needed now. No treatment is required for hematological condition

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy