What does my VDRL test report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 10 Feb 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: hi tested vdrl test and it came negative<20 and >20 what it means
tell me the conclusion and suggest the medicine
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
VDRL < 20 seems that the result is incorrect

Detailed Answer:
Welcometo HCM.
VDRL is a test to diagnose syphilis (STD). It is a non specific test.
VDRL is useful for assessing the prognosis of the disease. The descending titre indicates that the individual is responding to treatment. Ascending titre indicates progression of the disease.
The titre will be expressed as 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256 etc. It would not be expressed as 20. So you can upload the result in HCM site, so that we can discuss further.
Dr S.Murugan

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist