What does my MRI scan test report indicate?
Surgical indications are as mentioned
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The Mri report shows disc prolapse at C5-C6 level causing compression of nerve root.
What are the symptoms?
Is there only pain or some thinning of upper limbs and weakness?
Is there any trauma?
The treatment is neck isometric exercises with medication for pain relief like etoricoxib or Aceclofenac with thiocholchicoside.
Pain modulator drugs like pregabalin or gabapentin can be used.
Surgical options are required in case of persistent pain unresponsive to medication, weakness or progressive symptoms.
You should follow advice of treating neurologist and wait for 1-2 months.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Did mri scan of brain what does the report say
- What do mri scans show
- What do mri scans detect
- What does my mri scan report mean
- Mri scan on hand what to expect
- Had mri scan what are the findings in the report
- What does these mri scan of spine indicate
- What do the findings in mri scan of spine indicate
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- Mri scan what to expect