What does my ECG report indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: please kindly help me with the report of my grand dad's ( he is 74 years old and he had status post left lobectomy when he was 20). The report as belowover 24 hours .
Is it ok ?? Anything we should worry or be aware of ??
1)basic sinus rhtyhm with rates ranging from 39-108 bpm 2)rare aPCS 3)no vPCS 4) 243 episodes of sinus bradycardia were noted deposit?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:

Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I would like to explain that your grand dad's Holter monitoring may be considered within normal ranges for his age.

He has sustained basic sinus rhythm, and this is very important. There is no complex supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmias. No reported atrio-ventricular conductance disturbances. No ventricular ectopic beats. Just rare atrial ectopic beats, which in fact are acceptable for his age and his previous problem (pulmonary diseases are frequently associated with atrial ectopic beats).

Nevertheless, these rare atrial ectopic beats (aPCS) has not any clinical or prognostic significances. So relax and don't worry about! They are harmless.

Regarding his episodes of bradycardia, I would explain that it is important to review the day-night heart rate trends, as sinus bradycardia is a normal finding while having a long rest and especially when sleeping.

If bradycardia episodes has not any adverse clinical correlations (such as extreme fatigue, lightheadedness, dizziness, etc) there is nothing to worry about.

I would prefer to directly review his ambulatory ECG recording and the final report if it is possible, to assure that everything is OK, as I explained you.

Please, could you upload those results?

I am at your disposal whenever you need.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

Greetings!

Dr. Iliri

Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 13 minutes later
Thank you ! I will upload the result , is there an email
Address I can send ? Thank you so much for the help !!
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:

Hi again!

You can upload the results to "Upload Reports",

O,r if you have problems you may use the link below for direct question:

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=69765

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 16 minutes later
Much appreciated with the clear answer and I have attached the report . Thank you again for helping us .
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is within normal range.

Detailed Answer:

Hi!

Seems that you have uploaded the same ECG recording several times.

I would explain that the minimal heart rate of 39 bpm is expected at 10:03 PM; so there is nothing to worry about. During rest and sleeping, heart rate may slow down to 30 bpm in normal conditions.

If your grand dad is clinically fine, then no further medical investigation is necessary on this issue.

That's my opinion.

Dr. Iliri