What does my CT scan report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 9 Nov 2017 in Cancer
Question: Hello Doctor,
My Father-in-law is diagnosed with carcinoid and now IHC report confirms it as neuroendocrine carcinoma. His external symptom is severe abdomen pain. CT Scan report shows mass lesion in the right iliac fossa and 4 subcentimeter lesions in liver.
Uploading all reports till date.
So far no allopathic treatment started, but in last meeting(2 days back) at MCC (Kannur) doctor has adviced Chemo as the only option that too for extending life (cant guarantee a total cure it seems). Thats worrying a lot as he is weighing just 48Kg and not very healthy. Is chemo a real option considering his physique ? Do we have any other option other than Chemo like Hormone therapy?, molecular therapy ? anything else.

Appreciate your guidance, even if it is 50% chance for cure.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Chemotherapy is the only option

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I understand tour concern. By reports , it is a high grade neuroendocrine tumor and only option we have is chemotherapy. Chemo is adjusted according to the weight and height of patient and most patient tolerate it well. Please go for it. There is no other alternative.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist