What does memory loss and blackouts after open heart surgery indicate?
Side effect from surgery
Thanks for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
I agree with you that your husband needs to be seen ASAP by a medical provider. The memory loss is a very common side effect from open heart surgery. These recent black out spells and vision loss is concern for possible strokes or continued heart problems or side effects from his medication.
I would take your husband immediately to the ER to be evaluated
I hope I answered your question. Please contact me again if you have any additional questions or comments.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes memory loss after beinge drinking
- Memory loss after a fall
- What is the treatment for epilepsy and memory loss
- Memory loss after alcohol
- Memory loss due to heart failure
- Memory loss after heart surgery
- What causes headachesdizziness and memory loss after neck massage
- Memory loss after a concussion
- Memory loss after pneumonia
- Memory loss with heart stynts