What does high creatinine level indicate?

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Hi, i am XXXXXXX age 30 yrs. In Apr 2013, i come to know that my creatinine level is high and it was 3.9. After sonography i come to know that one kidney was not matured and remaining is working. I have taken the treatment from renowned nepho. but gradually it increases. As of now there is no symptoms with me and i am working absolutely normally. Today it reaches 6.6. i would like to know, Is any better therapy which help me to reduced it?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chronic kidney disease

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

From the history and the treatment you are on it looks like you have an established kidney disease.
There is no ways by which you can reduce creatinine however you can only aim at retarding the progression of the kidney disease and also maintian whatever function is remaining. This is how you should go about it

1. Angiotensin receptor blockers should be added. This is the only known method of reducing disease progression. You are currently not on it, please speak to your doctor in your next visit
2. Probiotics like Nitrophage forte or Lobun is known to reduce blood urea nitrogen.
3. strict control of hypertension
4. strict salt restricted diet
5. avoiding urinary tract infection

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist