What does frequent urinations and irregular heartbeats when under stress suggest?

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Dear Dr. Hudda,

I do have some other things I wantto write to you about; but first, I'd like to tell you that I've only had oneof those 'strange things' (that I wrote to you about before), since youanswered that letter.

I was under some stress one nightabout a week ago around 10:30 p.m. and I felt my heart start doing the funny, 'fluttering'things that it used to do (but hasn't for a long time, maybe because I wastaking Ubiquinol Co Q10 with Resveratrol--but recently, I was out of it). Icould see my heart beats in my eyes, so I took my blood pressure with the wristcuff that I have. On that, I can see a little heart that beats with my heart,so I could see what it was doing. There would be 5 or 6 fast beats, then a spacewith no beats, then a couple of slow beats and space, and then the fast onesagain--erratic. My BP was up to 186/103 with a pulse of 111. I took it in botharms, each time 15 seconds apart, and sometimes there was a difference of 18systolic and 14 diastolic between the two arms; (Dr. Oz, on TV, said what thatmeant, but I've forgotten) sometimes a difference in just one of those; andsometimes almost no difference at all. When this all started, I kept having togo to the bath room to urinate very often, with a good, regular amount of urineeach time. By morning, before breakfast, I had gone 17 times! That happenedonce or twice before, about a year ago. My BP was down around 150/86 and my pulsewas 86 to 92 and still irregular with the beats; but after breakfast, theybecame regular, and finally below 120/70 with a 68 to 72 pulse. Do I have allof this 'fluid' build up in my tissues and maybe around my heart, and somethinglike this happens in order for my body to get rid of the fluid?

I had another question that Iwanted to ask you, but I can't think of it right now. Hope you are doing well.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Just Relax, you need not to worry at all.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am
Thanks for your question and I am doing well.

Looking at your description and previous conversations, the symptoms likely seems to be due to stress and anxiety. I don't feel they are from an organic medical concerns including fluid build up.

Certain changes may occur due to ageing and degenerative changes in heart as well as in body as a whole, so our body responds differently with various kind of stressors, so you need not to worry

However, to be on safe side I would advise you to book an appointment with a cardiologist for an EKG and further testing if he/she feels necessary after complete physical examination

Ma'am, in my opinion you should join any group for Yoga or meditation therapy
Make your life more simple
You can do relaxation exercises
Ubiquinol and reseveratrol both have antioxidant properties and dietary supplementso, you can continue with it.
During such an episode start taking deep breaths and just relax, you can also listen light soothing music to feel better

So you need not to worry until you get an appointment with your doctor,
Hope this answers your question Please gee free to ask for more assistance I will gladly answer you
Wishing you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. BR Hudda