What does elevated B2M levels suggest?
I hope this finds you well.
I hope you remember my husband case and the last lab test .
Today we have the new test B2M , I hope you will explain to us what the result and if it is elevated what does it mean?? Thanks in advance.
Beta 2 microglobulin level is normal.
Thanks for writing back
Yes,I can remember your last query.
Uploaded report is related to beta 2 microglobulin.It is great that this value is also normal.This excludes possibility of conditions like multiple myeloma,lymphoma.
Beta 2 microglobulin is a tumour marker for some type of blood cell cancers.
Though it is not very specific,it is associated with poor outcome of multiple myeloma and lymphoma.
It is also used to evaluate disease activity and the effectiveness of treatment.
As your husband has normal beta 2 microglobulin values,so there is nothing to be worried about.He is alright.
Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest suitable treatment for little elevated tsh levels
- What does elevation in creatinine level suggest
- Suggest precautions to reduce elevated sugar levels
- Elevated tsh level suggest the dosage of thyronorm
- Have elevated sgpt and sgot levels suggest
- Any suggestion for elevated alt liver enzymes levels
- Suggest treatment for elevated ast and alt levels
- Elevated values of homocystine level b12 suggestion
- Suggest treatment for elevated psa levels
- What are elevated st levels