Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

148 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What does ejection fraction of 62% indicate?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1306 Questions
Hi Doctor

I am 37/M. I had one STEMI an year back. It was managed with medicine since it was a block in a small branch and another angiogram was done to make sure the block is cleared. Aftet that im on clopilet-a, prolemt xl and statin. We have strong family history of CAD. I just got an ECG and echo done. Im attaching ecg here. Echo says RWMA. EF 62%. Grade 1 MVP. Trivial MR/TR with normal palps. Could you please advice me what next i should do.
Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see below.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir
Your ECG seems fine. You have good EF of 62%. I would like to know your exercise capacity.
You must continue your medicines. You must not smoke and you must remain stress free. Do daily exercise under your doctor's guidance. You should get your blood cholesterol sugar and bp checked regularly. You must maintain ideal weight. These are the recommended things you can do for prevention of future events.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does ejection fraction of 62% indicate? 25 minutes later
Thanks a lot doctor. I usually walk for 1 hr atleast 4 days a week .
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see below

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir
That's good. From cardiac point of view aim is to walk for 45 minutes a day at speed of 7km / hr. Thats goal/ target.
Aspirin, statins and beta blockers are three. essential medicines.
Hope it helps.
Sukhvinder XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist