What does ejection fraction of 62% indicate?

Dr. Sukhvinder Singh

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi Doctor

I am 37/M. I had one STEMI an year back. It was managed with medicine since it was a block in a small branch and another angiogram was done to make sure the block is cleared. Aftet that im on clopilet-a, prolemt xl and statin. We have strong family history of CAD. I just got an ECG and echo done. Im attaching ecg here. Echo says RWMA. EF 62%. Grade 1 MVP. Trivial MR/TR with normal palps. Could you please advice me what next i should do.
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see below.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir
Your ECG seems fine. You have good EF of 62%. I would like to know your exercise capacity.
You must continue your medicines. You must not smoke and you must remain stress free. Do daily exercise under your doctor's guidance. You should get your blood cholesterol sugar and bp checked regularly. You must maintain ideal weight. These are the recommended things you can do for prevention of future events.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder
Follow up: Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 25 minutes later
Thanks a lot doctor. I usually walk for 1 hr atleast 4 days a week .
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see below

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir
That's good. From cardiac point of view aim is to walk for 45 minutes a day at speed of 7km / hr. Thats goal/ target.
Aspirin, statins and beta blockers are three. essential medicines.
Hope it helps.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder XXXXXXX