What does dizziness, light headedness and bad menstrual cramps in an adolescent indicate?
Consult Specialists. Details below.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
I appreciate your concerns for your daughter. I have read and noted the contents.
You have written that you have visited 7 doctors. Have you seen a neurologist? Did they do a EEG for her? If you have not consulted the neurologist please do so to evaluate for epilepsy.
Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause similar symptoms. So please get her vitamin B12 level checked.
Is she going through any emotional crises? You need to explore this aspect also.
What is her BMI? First consult dietician for her overweight. If the dietician feels that she is taking appropriate diet and not overeating, then you need to consult endocrinologist to evaluate for thyroid and adrenal disease.
When did she attain menarche? Does she have regular cycles? Is this heavy bleeding present since menarche or started with her putting on weight? Hormonal changes can cause heavy mensus. Occasionally heavy menstruation in adolescents can be due to bleeding disorders (Does she have prolonged bleeding from wounds or easy bruising?).
If the cramping is severe, it can cause vomiting. For a teenager with similar menstrual complaints in my clinic after ruling out bleeding disorders and thyroid disease, I would treat with Tranaxemic acid tablets /Mefenamic acid. If she does not respond I would prescribe oral contraceptive pills.Pills takes care of both cramps and heavy bleeding. If the teenager does not wish to take contraceptive pills I would treat with cyclic progesterones. So please consult Gynecologist.
I hope this helps.
If you have any further queries, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in the sciatica light headedness and dizziness
- What causes dizziness symptoms light headedness
- Causes of dizziness and light headedness
- Pinworms light headedness dizziness
- What causes dizziness and light headedness
- Stress cause dizziness light headedness
- Frequent dizziness and light headedness
- Dizziness slurred speech light headedness took sudafedlyrica what is it
- Menopause light headedness dizziness
- Reasons for dizziness and light headedness
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?