What does a small lump in the middle of spine indicate?

Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
Hello. I too have noticed a small lump in the middle of my back to the left of my spine. It only hurts if I press. I only noticed it because of an itch. I have a history of c5-c cervical fusion and l5-so discectomy. Probably AS. Rheumatologist still trying to get handle on that. I have history cancer in family. Mother 2 years ago passed from pancreatic cancer and my grandfather (her father) hado AS of spine and ended up passing from multiple myeloma. My sister has Lupus. Just curious if I should get it checked out. Thanks for any answers.
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needs clinical examination

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

That swelling could be a lipoma or a sebaceous cyst. But for confirmation it needs a clinical examination by a surgeon.

I don't think that it is a cancrer.

If it turns out to be one of the above, you can get it removed by him, its a small opd procedure, done under local anaesthesia.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma