What does a painful,red rash between vagina and thigh indicate?
may be intertrigo
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Heat, moisture and friction are associated with intertrigo which is inflammation in the body folds such as the groin.
It can also occur in other areas such as axilla and under the breasts. The inflamed area can then become infected with bacteria, fungi or both in some persons.
Treatment involves primarily eliminating the causative factors- keeping the area cool and dry if possible
(1) skin surfaces should be separated with cotton or linen material if possible and avoid chafing of the area.
(2)need to avoid any tight clothing
(3)There are combinations of medications that contain protective agents (barrier creams or powders) along with other agents
Examples are (1)triple paste - normally used for diaper rash but it is also recommended for intertrigo
(2)greer goo- contains barrier protection, mild steroid to reduce inflammation and also anti fungal aspect
If you cannot get a combination cream then you can by these things separately- a barrier cream or powder (petrolatum, desitin, zinc based creams)
a mild topical steroid such as hydrocortisone
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Puppp rash on inner thighs near vagina
- Painful rash between thigh and vagina
- Red rash inner thigh itchy vagina
- Red rash upper thigh and vagina
- Rash on inside of thigh near vagina
- Rash in crease between thighs and vagina
- Rash between thigh and vagina
- Rash between thigh and vagina std
- Vagina and thigh rash and skin peeling
- Cut between thigh and vagina