What does a lump on crease of ear indicate?

Dr. Anshumala Singh

Dentist

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: After returning to work from maternity leave i have felt extreme anxiety, easily aggiyated, stressed and even depressed some days to whwre its making me feel crazy. I have been running myself down as i am go go from 5:15 am to 11:00 1130pm. Well Yesterday I felt back of ear and there was a lump at rhe crease of ear where connects to neck. My ear seems hot at times, ear canal feels swollen, inside of ears itch, back of neck sore, even my scalp has been itchy! It's very uncomfortable. I am in need of dental work which I was actually scheduled for tomorrow to get fillings. My teeth have been bothering me since having baby, dry mouth and fillings needed. My teeth aren't hurting though they have moved tightly together and have been picking at them alot as if food jammed in my teeth.
Saw dentist a month ago and he wasn't alarmed by anything else.
I am also under am extreme amount of stress once returning to work full time. My father ruptured and collapsed lung 2 weeks after returning to work, raking care of two homes, working full time and much more, I haven't been taking the best care of myself at all, and feel horrible anxiety and I can't get energy or motivation to do all things I know I need to do and then the piles get bigger and issues get worse.

, I did kill 2 female Wolfe spiders carrying babies a week ago the first one, 2nd one this past sunday. I had what my husband and I believed to be a spider bite in case any relevance.

What various things should I address with my doctor? I've attached a few pics in case you can see it, everyone else says they can't but can feel it
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Advised to see ENT specialist

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome
Thanks for sharing your concern.

First of all, I would suggest something after reading your complete history.

"To keep the body in good health is a duty..otherwise we shall not be able keep our mind strong and clear" by lord Buddha.

So what I mean to say is, that please do not stress yourself and address your problems one by one as and when it comes,but keep your health as a priority first.Believe me if your healthy you will be happy,and you will be able to solve many things magically.

Now coming to your treatment aspect,The images posted here shows that there is ongoing infection in your ear.This requires proper antibiotic treatment and drainage.For this you must meet your ENT specialist first.

After discussing it with your ENT specialist, you can also mention about your dental treatment to him.If your specialist insists that dental treatment has something to do with his treatment,only then you need to visit your dentist else you can postponed it for time being.

Meanwhile please use mouth wash 2% twice daily for a week.This will take care of your oral cavity(mouth and teeth) from any infection.you can also do warm saline rinses.

Take plenty of fluids and nutritious diet,this will refresh the tissues and you will feel less dehydrated and reduces dryness.
Please avoid stress and take care of yourself.

Let me know for further doubts.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju