What does a hard bump in the genitals indicate?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Few weeks ago I went to masterbate and felt a small bump from what it appeared to be. It had a hard touch to it. no pain, no itching or tingling to it. It has gotten smaller from applying mupirocin ointment 2% to it I do shave down below and sometimes shave against my hair on the shaft of my penis. I did have sex recently as well. I am concerned and am curious is this genital warts, herepes, hpv?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not herpes or hpv

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.
Just relax it's not herpes or hpv.
It is looking like a bacterial infection.
Keep applying mupirocine twice daily for a week, you will get response with that.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 18 minutes later
after this message I'll have 2 more follow up questions. I'll message you in another week for a follow up. thank you for getting back to me.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 31 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wishing you a good health

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Wishing you a good health.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 days later
random question. Are all genital warts std's?
are genital warts all hpv? are there non std warts? if I had a wart does that mean I have hpv?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
All warts caused by HPV

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
Genital wart is considered as std but the route of transmission may vary.
It can even get transmitted from infected public toilet seats.
Warts in other parts of body are not considered as std.
All the Warts are due to HPV but the strain varies. Different strains cause wart in different parts of body.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad