Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What does a fat nodule in my arms and stomach indicate ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 338 Questions
Hi, Im 30 I have some sort o fat nodule in my arms and stomach, One in which is next to my belly button and hurts. My stomach seems to have pushed up a lot leaving my gut just flabby and nothing else, can even tuck my gut up into my stomach now. Been the doc he thinks I have trapped wind but doesnt seem right. Im rather worried and think it could be stomach cancer.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 47 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I think it would be a lipoma.

Lipoma is a fatty swelling.

It is called universal tumor.

It is called so, since it can occur in any part of the body.

It is usually benign and you can get it excised for cosmetic reasons.

If you are worried thinking it to be a stomach cancer, you can get your investigations done like ultrasound abdomen, biopsy and CT scan.

But you do not have any symptoms suggestive of stomach cancer.

Also stomach cancer would progress to end stage without presenting in form of any symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor