What does a distortion in the mammogram result mean?
My wife had breast cancer four years ago and had the 2.54" tumor removed followed by radiation and chemo.
What could this distortion be?
Hello & thank you for submitting your question.
It is difficult to determine what the "distortion" represents without the diagnostic findings of the report. Changes detected by mammorgraphy could be due to cyst formation, scar tissue formation, or growth.
Additional imaging studies will hopefully further characterize the nature of the distortion (such as cyst vs mass). Re-biopsy may be considered depending of the findings. It is very important to follow up with the additional imaging studies.
I know it is incredibly difficult to wait, however at this point no definitive answers can be provided. The imaging studies will help clarify what the next steps will be for establishing a definitive diagnosis and how to proceed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does a black on mammogram mean
- Mammogram shows shadow and distortion
- What does ill defined density mean in mammogram
- What do white patches on a mammogram mean
- Architectural distortion on mammogram
- Shadow on mammogram what does this mean
- Scared of mammogram results
- Mammogram result unremarkable meaning
- What does spot on mammogram mean
- Mammogram results what is normal