Owl Image

What does a bulge on right side of the abdomen indicate?

Owl Image
Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Question
Waiting for a prolapse bowel op,supposed to have it done in feb this year but cannot do as blood pressure was up,but the other night was in pain pain on the right side feels like something is bulging there.
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further details required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

It would be very helpful of you could clarify following, for me to be able to assist you further

1. Where is site of bowel prolapse ?
2. Where is exact location of pain in right side?
3. Where is exact location of bulge
4. Is there any distension of abdomen

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD

Follow-up: What does a bulge on right side of the abdomen indicate? 17 hours later
I have a prolapse bowel,and I feel a bulling sension in the right side,i have had my appendixs out,i feel it may be adsions,due to many ops eg,womb etc,i have had a TVT done as well

yes my belly is swollen,plus I have a fatty liver,but I don't think its that,i just no there is something there,plus I have a swelling mass near my right rib cage,its making me not want to eat,they say its a non alcohol fatty liver,

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be incisional hernia

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Presence of intestinal adhesion will usually lead to subacute obstruction.
From the description given it looks like incisional hernia which is likely to be at site of previous surgery.
Fatty liver in the presence of Normal Liver enzyme there is no cause for concern. Swelling or mass near right rib cage is likely to be either lipoma or fatty hernia of linea XXXXXXX Diagnosis can be arrived after detailed clinical examination

do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak

Follow-up: What does a bulge on right side of the abdomen indicate? 2 days later
If you remember I asked a question about my husband having MAI,they are saying theres no treatment why .

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is due to Intracellular location

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings
Mycobacterium aviun Intracellular usually resides inside the cell and remains dormant. So the antitubercular drugs may fail to act on it.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak