• question-icon

What do weird sensations on the right leg indicate?

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: for the past few days, at least once or twice a day, I have a sensation down the back of my right leg...it feels like someone is pouring warm water down the back of my right leg. it last for about a second or two
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This can be due to Neuropathy or Myelopathy

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

Your complaint is a sensation down the back of right leg which feels like someone pouring warm water down the back of right leg and it lasts for about a second or two

This can be due to
1. Lesions in Parietal Lobe
2. Lesions in Sensory Pathways
3. Lesions in Thalamus
4. Lesions in Brain Stem
5. Lesions in Spinal Cord
6. Radiculopathy
7. Neuropathy

You need to undergo
1. Clinical Examination
2. MRI Brain with whole spine screening
3. Nerve Conduction Studies

Please consult a Neurosurgeon at the earliest

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 3 hours later
How serious is this condition?
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
We need to evaluate

Detailed Answer:
Question : How serious is this condition?

Answer : Only if we evaluate and find the cause of your symptoms, we can say whether it is serious or whether it can be treated in a day
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical