• question-icon

What do these lab reports indicate?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Please see my discharge summary report which i have received after admitting to the hospital. Please review reports and treatment and please suggest and advise, if you think, if the reports are really serious to worry about and also the treatment given and currently undertaking is sufficient to take control.

just to add that i am taking doxy 100 mg bd for another week along with the other medication suggested by Doctor.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Continue with suggested treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
I have gone through your discharge summary and reports of relevant investigations .
You had been admitted in Apollo Hospital for pain in abdomen ,Scrotum and fever and were investigated and found to have infection of left Testicles and Epididymis and spermatic cord which could be secondary to your existing illness of Chronic Prostatitis .

The treatment given in hospital and suggested after discharge is as per diagnosis and investigations which looks well documented and correct .

In view of your existing Chronic Prostatitis I would suggest you to get Urine culture done so as to take appropriate antibiotic .

I would also suggest to add anti inflammatory medication like Serropeptidase (Chymoral Forte) twice daily .This will help you to relieve pain and swelling of testicle,epididymis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 18 minutes later
thank you sir for your response. I have done 2 urine culture report, one was done on 3rd of July when I was not taking any medicines. The second urine culture has been done on 6th of July which is after taking 3 days of ciproflox and one dose of magnus forte injectible. And the second urine culture report didn't show any bacteria except some post urethral cells. I have attached the first culture report for your reference and the second one is still with the hospital.

Do you see that second urine culture report may be affected by the antibiotics and hence didn't show any bacteria?

Please also advise the other recent issues which suggested in the scotrum scan does cause by the bacteria only or it could be that i have started climbing stairs in the recent times?

Did you take a look at the CT Scan report as well?

Please advise on the CT Scan report also.

i am already taking a tolpa d which has given me the relief and swelling has been reduced.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
C T Scan has revealed infection of the kidney

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
C T Scan has revealed infection of kidney Pyelonephritis which is consistent with infection of Genito Urinary tract which should get resolved with treatment that is being advised .

The negative urine culture could be due to antibiotic response that you are taking .There is no urine culture report in the list of the investigations that you have uploaded .

Continue taking medications and repeat urine culture after two weeks .

Tolpa is a Diclofenac which normally is avoided in presence of Kidney infection .I would suggest to start with Chymoral Forte twice daily .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 30 minutes later
please see the attached report name Mr.XXXX.pdf which is my first urine culture report when I was not taking any antibiotics for 1 month.

another question, how to find that kidney infection has been resolved without doing any CT Scan again?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound Scan will also detect infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
Ultrasound Scan of abdomen can detect infection of kidney .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist