What do these following LFT and HBeAg test reports indicate?

Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello Doctor, I had tested positive for Australian Antigen in 2005, I am attaching LFT and HBeag test done in XXXXXXX 2016. I am attaching Quantitative report which I did just couple of days back.

Please let me know your views after going through these reports. I have again gone for LFT test which I will collect by this weekend.

thank you.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Presently there is no need for any treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HealthcareMagic. I am a Gastroenterologist.

I have gone through the reports.

Presently HBVDNA <50IU/ml and SGOT and SGPT are in normal range. Presently you dont need any treatment. But you have to be on regular follow up. Get SGOT/SGPT every three monthly and HBVDNA every yearly. In case if they increase to a level for indication of treatment then only you should be treated but presently not.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you . Wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy