What do these following ECG reports indicate?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: my ecg report says " probably MI (anterior) " & " negative T- wave (anterior) " . what does this imply.
I am 61 yrs, had a very physical oriented life & still run and play golf daily.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I'm Waiting for the ecg image to be uploaded!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

Your ecg reports say that you have had probably an anterior myocardial infarction (M.I) because of the negative T-waves on anterior leads. These are ecg machine reports that aren't accurate and need to be confirmed by a cardiologist.

This is why the ecg image and it's report should be checked by a cardiologist. Can you upload the ecg image for me?

Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 13 minutes later
Ecg report uploaded

Despite uploading ecg report as desired, I have not got a response, which is unethical. Please respond early.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following advice.

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,
Sorry for my delayed response.

After reviewing your Ecg image I would like to say that the negative T waves are present only in V3 which has no significance. There's no sign of previous or recent Myocardial infarction and you shouldn't worry about it.

However in order to reasure you and to definitely exclude any cardiac problems you should schedule doing the following examinations :
- Cardiac echo
- Stress test

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 10 hours later
Thank you, grateful.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are mostly welcome to ask me again.

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,
You are mostly welcome to ask me again.
Dr. Shehu