What do these blood sugar levels indicate?
You are on the edge between the two.
Hello and welcome,
You are very close to being diabetic. With weight loss, if you are overweight, and regular exercise, you may be able to rope it in.
Diagnosis of Diabetes is made on the following criteria:
Hemoglobin A1C at or above 6.5%
Fasting glucose at or above 126
Random glucose test at or above 200
So technically, your morning preprandial of 132 puts you slightly over the criteria of fasting gluctose at or above 126.
But I think it is still possible to reverse this. Fifty eight percent of the time you can do so by
1. Losing 7% of your body weight (or 15 pounds if you weigh 200 pounds)
2. Exercising moderately (such as brisk walking) 30 minutes a day, five days a week.
Any weight loss can make a difference. And exercise, even if you aren't losing weight, makes the receptors on cells more sensitive to the insulin that you have, thus lowering blood sugar levels.
I don't know what to make of your symptoms of peripheral neuropathy without examining you. I would decrease refined carbohydrates as much as possible and see what your exam is like when you see your doctor.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What if my blood sugar level is at 141
- What is the treatment blood sugar level of 280
- What does my blood sugar report indicate
- What does blood sugar level of 101 mean
- What does fasting blood sugar level of 108indicate
- What is the normal blood sugar level for a healthy person
- What is effect when blood sugar level is 345
- What if my blood sugar level is at 201
- What does the blood sugar reading indicate
- What do my blood sugar level test values indicate