What do these TTE findings indicate?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Sat, 17 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Report from TTE for 70 year old man with history of aortic valve replacement and quadruple bypass in 2009; stomach area ascetes:
Mildly reduced LV systolic funtion 40% ejection. Hypokinesis mis and basal inferior wall. bi-atrial enlargement present. Mild mitral and moderate/severe tricuspid regurgitation. Moderate pulmonary hypertension.
My cardiologist was not helpful in explaining this. Please help. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explanation follows

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
The TTE findings show that there is leaking of the valves between the upper ( atria) and lower chambers ( ventricles ) of the heart. This has led to the enlargement of the atria and increase in the pressure in the circulation through the lungs. There's reduced contraction of the heart muscles and decrease in the amount of blood pumped out of the heart.
There's fluid in the abdomen which may due to the blood regurgitating through the valve or due to cirrhosis.
Do get back to me if you have more questions
Follow up: Dr. Noble Zachariah 18 hours later
What does this mean in lay terms? Can this be repaired? If so, how?
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Please settle your payment issues before I am able to answer.

Detailed Answer:
I am not able to answer your questions due to certain issues regarding payment to the company.
Please settle these so that I am able to answer your questions.