What do these CRP levels indicate?

Dr. Sonia Raina

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor,
Please find attached Reports of my Sister.
Please advice
Answered by Dr. Sonia Raina 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Reports seen, suggestions provided

Detailed Answer:
Hello, greetings!
Thanks for posting your query in hcm. I have gone through your attached reports and inferred the following:-
- HIGH SENSITIVITY C-REACTIVE PROTEIN (hs- CRP) is elevated. This indicates risk of heart related issues like heart attack or stroke. Your doctor may start you on anti inflammatory drugs like ASPIRIN and STATIN group of drugs.
- Also, she seems to be suffering from iron deficiency anaemia. For t his, she needs to supplement her diet with iron tablets. She can take an iron tablet of 100 mg once a day for a period of 3 months and then re check her iron levels.
- She has a slightly elevated TC/HDL ratio. She can thus bring her cholesterol levels down by diet restriction- avoiding oily, fatty food and doing moderate exercise of an hour per day.
- For her low Vitamin D levels, she may take a tablet of VITAMIN D3- 6000 IU once a week for a period of 6 weeks.

If you have any further doubts/clarifications, you may get back to me.
Dr. Sonia
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad