What do the test reports and prescription for irregular periods suggestive of?
I am having period issues from last year. On 10th of July 2017 I got my periods then I consult my doctor and she recommend some medicines after that I got my periods on 24th of october 2017. Then Bcoz of my marriage on 30th November 2017, I had to take medicine for not getting my periods on or before 30 November 2017.I took those medications from 26-30 November 2017.. Then I get my periods on 4th of December 2017 and thereafter till date I am not getting periods ans also I have gone through pregnancy test which was negative. I am sending some reports which doctor suggest me to do along with the prescription.....Â
Kindly suggest me...
Can be due to PCOD.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen all the attached reports and prescriptions. The delay in periods can be due to polycystic ovaries. You need to continue with thyronorm. PCOD is a condition where in numerous small fluid filled cysts will be located along the edge of each ovary, which affects release of Egg (Ovulation) causing difficulty in getting Pregnant.Diagnosis is done by ultrasound , transvaginal , transabdominal or 3D and there should be at least 10-12 follicles 2-10 mm in diameter or increased ovarian volume.This is called 'pearl string appearance'.
Investigations which are done to diagnose PCOD are FSH , LH , Prolactin , DHEA's etc under doctor's guidance.
Low dose oral contarceptives and progesterone are also given for menstrual irregularities. You will need Deviry again to get back the periods once.
I hope this answers your query. Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Irregular periods and pregnancy testing
- What are the suggestions for irregular periods post pregnancy
- What treatment is suggested for irregular periods
- What are the tests to be taken for irregular periods
- What is an irregular period
- Have irregular periods pregnancy test negative suggestions
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods
- What are the reasons for irregular periods
- Suggest medication for irregular periods
- Irregular periods done ultrasound what does the reports suggests treatment