What do presence of black specks in urine indicate?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hey I have little black specks in my urine .. No pain but frequent urinations with minimal/medium output for the urgency. Small to none lower back pain ..
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....appears to be urinary tract infection
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Your symptoms suggests that you have probably developed urine infection.
What to do....
Get the urinalysis along with culture done.
Start a broad spectrum antibiotic like CEFIXIME 200 mg twice a day.
You get the culture report after 72 hours. You can change the antibiotic if culture reports tells you to take something else rather than CEFIXIME. Consult your doctor regarding this as it would need a prescription.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks