What do presence of black seed like objects in stool indicate?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have black seed like things in my stool and when you open them there is white seeds inside
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Parasitic infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
This sounds to me like parasitic infestation of bowel. These may be eggs of parasites such as echinoccocus or giardia and many other. In some cases undigested food such as corn or sesame seedns may confuse patients,but you should have stool analysis so that appropriate treatment can be performed. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 3 days later
I have had a couple of parasite stool tests done and they have been negative. These seeds are small and black they look like apple seeds and when you open them there is 2 or 3 white seeds inside. Is there anywhere I can send these for examination. I absolutely have not ate any seeds

Some of the seeds are red/black

Is there any way I can text a picture?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can attach

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
You can attach photo here. It would be good if I see it. It is but unusual to notice such substance in stool if there is no parasite cyst or had seeds in diet. Other possible causes are passed gallbladder stones or may be parasite that was not tested.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad