What do pimples on the base of the penis indicate?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 11 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Have pimple like things on base of penis, but they won't pop or go away. They do not hurt, Is there anything I can do about them.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be molluscum or warts, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
According to your complaints it could be molluscum contagiosum or warts.
Both are sexually transmitted viral infections.
I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 12 hours later
Have pimple like leasions on base of penis, and a very small one over a small blood vessel on shaft. Concerned.....thank you

Pictures attached
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like Molluscum contagiosum, you need to get them removed

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed the attached photographs and it is looking like molluscum contagiosum.

It is a sexually transmitted viral infection.

I would recommend you to consult a dermatologist and get them removed.

Feel free to ask further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 24 hours later
Thank you Dr. Sawhney
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Welcome!!

Detailed Answer:
Welcome!!
All the best!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad