What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 30 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello Doctor,

I want your opinion on high S.Triglycerides 170 mg/dl and LDL Cholesterol 200mg/dl of my brother who is 26 yrs old. He is studying in XXXXXXX USA.

His doctor has suggested him to take tablets for a month.

I am attaching his medical reports and prescriptions.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear

After reading the medical details provided by you of your brother I understand your concern for his health and I would like to tell you that his cholesterol levels are just slightly deranged and for these levels in a young guy there is no need of any medication.

Kindly try uploading the reports again as it didn't get uploaded.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 hours later
My mother side the heart attack is hereditary and mother is taking febetrol LS for cholesterol. His other reports of the blood test is normal. Hence I want your opinion on this whether high cholestrol levels will go by exercise or any diet which you will suggest.

I am also attaching medical reports
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Yes these slightly raised levels can very well be controlled simply by dietary changes and daily exercise routine.

As he is studying abroad so he has to take care to avoid having junk food frequently as that's the most important reason of having raised cholesterol levels.

Also tell him to start doing daily brisk morning walk for 45 mins a day for 5 days a week.

Drink lots of water daily.

Try to add lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in daily diet.

Make sure that he doesn't indulge himself in smoking, as it increases the risk of heart problem by 3 to 5 folds.

Tell him to follow this routine strictly for 3 months and then check lipid profile again.

I hope this information will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D