What do my lab test reports indicate?
One of my neighbour was having back and neck pain and later a neurosurgon had done some operation and autopsy report says he has ependymoma grade 2.
I read it somewhere that it is a XXXXXXX tumor associated with Cancer.
After the operation he is able to walk little bit but looks cery weak.
Recentlybthe doctor has done MRI To check the growth of tumor after operation and reports are attached.
Please advise on what could be the best treatment for him going forward and whether this is curable completely.
Good prognosis, Continue treatment and physiotherapy
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The ependymoma is a tumor which can be operated easily and recurrence are less common (according to grade).
The remaining weakness is due to damage to normal neurons at cord level and associated edema.
The follow up Mri is showing good image with absent contrast enhanced lesion and mild edema.
The treatment and follow up should be continued at NIMHANS or any other center.
Weakness will gradually improve with physiotherapy.
Grade II tumor require follow for any future recurrence too.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Ecg test lab report
- What does this lab test report mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- What does my lab test report suggest
- What does the test report indicate
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report