question-icon

What do my blood test reports indicate?

Posted on Sat, 7 May 2016
Question: Have had repeated blood tests, only lipase is elevated (94, 112, 125). Been diagnosed with low level pancreatitis. Had acid reflux in December which is when it seems to have started. Dr referred me to a GI doctor who I'm seeing Monday. What should I be doing about it?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (24 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
do gastroscopy and gallbladder ultrasound

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

I am not so sure that it was pancreatitis but you need to do gastroenterologic work up to rule out stomach ulcer and gallbladder stones. Lipase is also elevated in pancreatic cyst, liver disorders or bowel inflammation. Also, it may be elevated with no obvious cause especially if you dont have any symptoms. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon