What do elevated troponin levels indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Oct 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My triponin level was marginal elevated 20 against an upper limit 14 I have no cardiac symptoms and excercise regularly. I am on lorsartan 75 and amilodipine 5 mg for blood pressure which is well controlled. For several years I have had a high CK. please advice ecg normal. Ambulatory study ok . Good excercise tolerance
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that this elevation in troponin levels has no clinical significance.

You should know that this slight raise could be related to the the physical exertion (considering the fact that your CK levels have been high too).
Besides, even the method of blood intake for the blood lab tests may interfere with troponin levels results and cause this slight raise.

Anyway, the fact that your resting ECG is normal is very reassuring that nothing bad is going on with your heart.

Just relax and don't worry about! There is no reason to panic or perform any additional tests.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 9 hours later
Many thanks. That is very helpful
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
I am glad to have been helpful to you!

If you have any other uncertainties in the future, please feel free to ask me again!

Wishing good health,

Dr. Iliri