What causes yellow discoloration in underarms after breast injury?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I bumped my right breast sometime in March or April. It HURT! Eventually the pain subsided; however, my armpit has turned yellow. I'm concerned about cancer; I have lumpy breasts. My next mammogram is in November 2014, so I'm concerned about insurance coverage and how quickly breast coverage spreads. Since February, I've had 3 aortic stents, one stroke (no side affects), and one low lumbar back breakage (I fell). Thank you for your time.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Would a doctors physical exam be possible?

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

I should rightfully start by letting you know that trauma to the breast(s) cannot in any way trigger the growth of tumors or cancer. You should also know that yellow discoloration of your underarms also is not an indication for breast cancer.

Now coming to your query ma'am, breast cancer once initiated can spread from 6 months to a few years. But as I have mentioned earlier ma'am, other than the lumps in the breast which could be tumors (fibroadenomas) there are absolutely no other signs of breast cancer. Could you let me know if your breasts have been examined earlierbwith the lumps? I mean to ask whether a doctor has found the lumps and examined them earlier? If so, could you share the diagnosis with me?

I do recommend a mammogram and/or a physical examination and/or a biopsy of the lumps, but I am sure a physical examination would be possible at the least without having you to shell out money. Would it be ma'am?

I look forward to hearing from you soon, in order to guide you further. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.