What causes white spots on face?
very recently I saw white spots on my face near lips and lower half of right side of face. attach is d pic.
Post-inflammmatory hypopigmentation; tacrolimus ointment
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr.Kakkar (dermatologist). I have read your question and I have also reviewed the image.
This appears to be post-inflammatory hypopigmentation as a result of pityriasis XXXXXXX and is common in those with underlying dry skin. This does'nt seem like vitiligo.
I suggest you to use tacrolimus 0.1% ointment (Topgraf 0.1% ointment), twice daily. Rub it in with fingers. You should use it for 4-6 weeks by which time you would notice improvement.
Treatment can be extended futher, if required, till complete resolution.
Postinflammatory hypopigmentation is due to pityriasis XXXXXXX on face
No. Post inflammatory hypopigmentation is not due to calcium deficiency. Post-inflammatory hypopigmentation is due to a condition known as Pityriasis XXXXXXX on face. I suggest you to use topgraf forte ointment, twice daily for 4-6 weeks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- White spots on face caused by hiv
- Weed cause white spots on face?
- What could cause itchiness and white spots on the face
- What is the cure for white spots on face
- White spots on face causes
- Low iron causes white spot on face
- What causes white spots on tonsils
- What could cause white spots in throat
- What causes white spots on the cervix
- What causes white spots