What causes white seed like specks in stool?
Most probably fungal infection
Hi and thanks for your query.
The image is not uploaded.
Anyways the white specks are most probably from a fungal infection of the lower part of large intestine or anal canal. During the shedding of the infecting germ, some part of intestine is also shed leading to the appearance of white specks on the stool.
Mostly it is a harmless condition. Unless it is accompanied by other symptoms like weight loss, etc it does not need investigations.
I would still suggest that you rule out other conditions of gut by getting stool tested for ova and parasites, culture of the stool and fecal occult blood test.
Meanwhile drink cleanest water to avoid water borne infections. Please dont experiment with lesser known medicines or herbal drugs.
Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes orange ribbon like stools
- Can probiotics cause white specks in stool
- What causes white specks in stool
- What causes white stool symptoms
- What causes white foam in stools
- What is causing white stool colour
- What causes black specks in stool
- Noticed black specks in stool what could be causing this
- What causes jelly-like stools
- What causes white stuff in stool