What causes weight gain after taking Gabapentin?
gabapentin is one of meds associated with gain
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Gabapentin is one of the medications that can be associated with weight gain. It is thought to do this by altering certain neural and hormonal pathways in the brain that are involved in energy control.
There are other antiepileptic medications that can be used to help with nerve related symptoms that are either weight neutral (do not affect weight) or are associated with weight loss.
Weight neutral meds are: lamictal, levtiracetam,oxcarbazepin
Weight loss: topiramate
You may want to speak to your doctor about altering your medications to one of these if they are available.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I take gabapentin for frostbite
- Can i take gabapentin after taking tums
- How to take gabapentin
- Does gabapentin cause weight gain
- Is taking gabapentin after smoking weed ok
- Taking gabapentin for back pain falling asleep what to do
- Taking gabapentin for back pain severe pain advice
- Side effects of taking gabapentin
- Is it safe to smoke marijuana while taking gabapentin?
- Taking gabapentin lead to weight gain