What causes watery diarrhea,foul smelling burps, bloating and nausea?
this is probably due to gastroenteritis. Whether it's viral or bacterial cannot be ascertained without culture results. If you don't have any fever then the treatment is the same, that is sufficient fluid intake and perhaps drugs to relieve the symptoms.
If you do have fever then antibiotic treatment might be necessary...
Antidiarrheal agents like loperamide might help with the diarrhea but they shouldn't be used if fever or blood in the stool is present. Relieving nausea can be done with drugs like metoclopramide, which may also help the patient receive more fluids. Maintaining a favorable fluid balance is essential. If the fluid balance is markedly negative then admission to the hospital might become necessary.
Most such cases last for a few days and are self limited. A stool culture and microscopic examination for ova and parasites are important tests to determine further action.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes abdominal pain with bloating and nausea
- What causes bloating and cramps
- Diseases causing nausea hair loss overheating and bloating
- What causes bloating nausea weakness shakiness and chest pain
- What causes excessive saliva and nausea burping vomiting
- What causes constipation and bloating
- What causes a bloated tummy
- What causes bloating in women
- What causes bloated belly
- What causes feeling of stomach bloating and burp