What causes vomiting up of blood with cold sweats?

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: hello, i m 57 yr fem, having cold sweats, feel hot no fever, but lower than normal,, 96,1 temp, vomitting 2 x with blood, very tired. post menopausel, not the issue, i am on med s for blood pressure and arthritis pain
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
looks like drug induced peptic ulcer bleeding

Detailed Answer:

Based on the details provided, I would first like to rule out drug (painkillers) induced peptic ulcers which are bleeding, leading to blood in vomitus. The weakness is due to dehydration, lack of food and maybe anaemia. The lower body temperature could be due to sweating.

In my opinion, you need to see a gastro specialist and get an endoscopy done to identify and manage the bleeding point and to assess the severity of peptic ulcers.

If you are feeling very weak and afraid of eating as that may cause vomiting, then you may show in an emergency room for intravenous fluid administration and medications to control the bleeding, vomiting and to reduce the acid production in the stomach.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad